Over 25% of the Bible is descriptive of the end times. Jesus gave His disciples the signs, simultaneously telling them to keep watch. In this section, we’ll look at headlines that are Biblical signs of the end times, not to predict the day or the hour, but to be watchful as Jesus commanded.
More reports of inflation in the United States and worldwide hit the headlines in the past week. If you’ve been to the grocery store, this year, you have probably observed an additional price hike that hit the shelves in January. But it isn’t just groceries, nor is it just in the United State, as the headlines below indicate.
- 1 in 4 Canadians can’t afford $500 unforeseen expense as inflation bites: report | Watch (msn.com)
- Global Food Inflation Is Leading To A Frightening Explosion In Global Hunger (theeconomiccollapseblog.com)
- BIDEN ECONOMY: Inflation Up 6.4% – Higher than Expected – “Household Budgets…Stressed, Strained and Broken” | The Gateway Pundit
- This number shows that high inflation is sticking around | CNN Business
- Restructuring experts gear up as inflation drives insolvencies | Financial Times (ft.com)
- Stock Market News Today: Stock Rout Continues as Inflation Remains a Concern (msn.com)
None of this should surprise us at all. We know from Revelation 6:5-6 that massive inflation will come upon the world at the time of the third horseman of the apocalypse.
“I looked, and there was a black horse, and its rider held a scale. I heard what sounded like a voice from among the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a day’s pay or three quarts of barley for a day’s pay.”
The Lord told us about this coming crisis in advance, for a reason. When Old Testament Joseph understood from Pharaoh’s dream that a famine was coming, he took action to prepare. Jesus alluded to this at the end of the Olivet Discourse as revealed through 3 parables. The Parable of the Wise Servant (Matt 24:45-51) and the Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matt 25:1-13) teach us to be wise by preparing. The Parable of the Talents (Matt 25:14-30) teaches us specifically to invest wisely.
Jesus said that we cannot know the day or hour of His return, but just like we can tell that summer is coming by looking at the twigs on a tree, we can know when we are in the season of Christ’s return. His overarching instruction in the Olivet Discourse is “Keep watch.”
If you want to keep watch as Jesus instructed in the Olivet Discourse, you may want to attend one of the 6-week End Time Watch small groups that are being hosted by Deb Keller, Bill & Deby Shandersky and Keri Sporing. Please reach out to them to let them know you would be interested in attending and to help them decide on a day and time to begin.